Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Could i have changed this cats destiny?


Last week I turned up at the garage of my home,
A bunch of property hunters surrounded me,
They area was being surveyed,
The businessman in me, working overtime!

A busy road caught my attention behind,
Vehicles with people waiting to get home rushed by,
Greed, not speed was their need,
They lure of a few extra minutes at home!

While the client was busy on his phone,
I saw an old woman trying to cross the road by herself,
She seemed insecure, lonely and brisk,
An over speeding car passing by, just missed her,
I guess i too skipped a heartbeat seeing the sight!

Just then, a cat came near me,
I never liked cats and dogs,
It dint occur to me to take a second look,
The cat too looked insecure like the old lady,

However, my eyes fell upon it again,
The cat bent in fear, just like the way humans shiver,
A cyclist shooing it away, I did feel some pity for it,
But was taken back into my conversation with the property party!

We finished up our negotiations,
Did the handshake,
I Got on to my vehicle
And Turned the key to go,


I crossed the road to my side,
I raised the accelerator,
Only to apply the brakes again!

A pool of blood lay there,
This very sight hurt me,
I felt yuck and pity together,
I never liked cats!

The cat had been washed away by a speeding vehicle,
The post mortem would reap no fruit,
It was the lady and it was the cat,
One deadly road that connected them


There was nothing i could do that evening,
It was unpleasant and affective,
I could only hope and pray,
That the death was for good..

For a higher purpose or a new birth,
For a new meaning and new lease,
The only thing still bothering me is...
Could i have changed the cats destiny?

As an eternal optimist my heart would say,
"Thank God for the lesson that lay"

The cats departure infused love and care,
In my bossom that lay there bare,
At once i knew the purpose God showed me the sight!
How little is life, You never know when the last second is due!

No comments: